Thursday, February 18, 2016

Soulmate or Life Lesson?

Hello My Beautiful Ones,

Have you ever come across one of those posts online that manage to completely stop in your tracks?

A little over a week ago, I came across this post on Instagram from poet and writer Angela Abreu at @NOROOMFORTHEBROKEN.


So many thoughts ran through my mind at once.

As a woman, I was remind of my own hard learned lesson.  While I will spare us both the less than glamorous details, I can say that my mistake was confusing attention for love.  But with time and experience I am able to the see the difference.  In retrospect, I can say the knowledge I gained from that experience I have used to help me grow more confident in who I am not just as a woman, but as a writer as well.

With that being said, when the writer in me read that question, lets just say mind mind went into overdrive.  As a romance author, this one question led me to think of so many different story lines and the heroes and heroines that would come to life within them.  In my mind's eye I can see their journeys to find not just love, but to also find themselves in the process.  To me their answers to this question would be the beginning of the story not the end.

In romance and in life so many paths are open before the person that can answer yes to this question. The person that answers yes has learned the lesson.  Whether it is the weary yes of resignation, the angry yes of frustration, or the laughing yes of the person that is cringing at his or her own naivete, there is a story there.

So for those who have learned their lesson, please share what your learned.

For those still fighting their way through...as C.S. Lewis once said, "Have courage Dear Heart".  You will come out on the other side of this life lesson better, stronger and wiser for it.  The next chapter of your story is about to be told.  And I for one can't wait to see what happens next.

Besos y abrasos,
Vita

PS. Thank you Ms. Abreu for the moment of pure inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment