Saturday, October 3, 2015

Another Tease...

 
 

I will begin this post by asking forgiveness for my absence.  I know I have been gone for a bit.  But in that time I have been working on a few things.  So as an offering to appease you  my darling reader and the Muse, here is a bit of what I have been working on.  I hope you enjoy a story with tall, dark and Latino hero...oh, and a baseball player too. 
 


Here is an excerpt from "The Second Inning."


  "Why did you come?” he asked.


            “Do you want me to leave?” I asked softly.

His response was a tilt of his head, as he rested his chin on the top of his childhood baseball bat which he held between his legs. The light from the afternoon sun cut across the room, lighting him along his right side. His pose had an almost childlike quality, but the mass of muscle and strength in his build and the look of heartache etched across his face belied any pretense of youth.  He wore a crisp white ribbed tank and cotton shorts and to me, he was a vision of perfection. His months at the training camp had enhanced his tan and together with the glow of setting sun coming through the open window illuminating his hazel eyes, gave him a gilded quality that took my breath away.

            I’d dreamt of nothing but him since I’d walked out of this apartment three months ago, when I swore to myself that I’d done it to help him not feel any obligation to me. I wasn’t going to be the thing that held him back. But I knew now as I stood before him, I’d done it to protect myself because I was helplessly and desperately in love with him. The idea of him saying he was leaving me was too much for me to bear, so I beat him to it. I hoped my poker face would hold, because if he told me to go I would shatter where I stood. His eyes traveled the length of my body and I leaned back against the door unsure if my legs would hold me. I let out a shaky breath that I'd been holding.

    "Nate I…”

            “Come here.”

   His voice was deep, low and filled with hurt. I wanted to run to him, but instead I unzipped my jacket and dropped it on the floor near my gym bag by the door. It left me in a hot pink sports bra and spandex shorts. I walked slowly over until I stood before him. He closed his eyes for a moment.   He turned his eyes up to me, the barest hint of a tear in the corner of his eye. He slid his beloved bat his chair and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close and hiding his face in my abdomen. I buried my hands in his hair and held him close as my breath caught.

Stay tuned for more... Vita

 

No comments:

Post a Comment